13 March 2011

thoughts on relocating

I finally realized...or atleast admitted to myself what I had been denying myself as a reason for attending Concordia. I had wanted to believe it was entirely sociological and geographical; all for the purpose of better understanding a subculture that I knew little about in an area new enough to keep me interested. This was true but not the main reason that I was drawn to such a small blip on the west coast...Interestingly enough this relocation was from an even smaller dot on the east coast that had provided a lovely community. I left this school that brought more positive connections that I could have ever thought possible for deeper causes. I could no longer be surrounded by all the artisitic support after my cool facade threatened cracking. My most painful reality was challenged each day with personal assignments to create, to dig deeper. I went instead to a place where my brother would have fit in perfectly.